As we approach the calorie packed holidays with eager utensils, there is no better time to discuss the importance of adopting a healthy lifestyle. With the final pieces of Halloween candy now devoured, we have little time to recoup before we plate our tables with homemade sausage stuffing and toasted marshmallow yams. If your New Year’s resolutions often involve waist management, you might benefit from an introduction to bestselling authors of the “YOU” series, Doctors Michael F. Roizen and Mehmet C. Oz.
Frequently featured on the Discovery Health Channel and Oprah, Dr’s Roizen and Oz have made superheroes out of nutrition, vitamins, exercise and you! Here’s a series of books that actually speak to the reader in motivating no-nonsense terminology with tips on reaching diet and exercise goals, eating essential foods, using stress management techniques and more!
If you’ve always wanted to be healthy but were convinced you didn’t have the time, patience, money or energy, (and let’s face it, enjoy the taste of fatty foods!) these books will satiate, once and for all, your extra thick chip dip craving. Read:
- You on a Diet: The Owner’s manual for Waist Management RM237.5 .R65 2006
- You—The Owner’s Manual: An Insider’s Guide to the Body That Will Make You Healthier and Younger RA776 .R723 2005
- RealAge: Are You as Young as You Can Be? QP86 .R565 1999
- The truth about food: what you eat can change your life RA784 .F84 2007 (Foreward by Dr. Oz)
- You, Staying Young: The Owner’s Manual for Extending Your Warranty
by Michael F. Roizen M.D. & Mehmet C. Oz, M.D.
- Cooking the RealAge Way: Turn Back Your Biological Clock with More Than 80 Delicious and Easy Recipes by Michael Roizen, M.D.
- You On a Diet Workout: 3 exercise levels on 1 DVD (Michael F. Roizen M.D. & Mehmet C. Oz, M.D.)